About Scott Maichel
Scott Maichel, CHRS
Scott Maichel is passionate about Payroll & Human Resources because as a 25+year veteran of the industry and a small business owner, he knows the Human Resources professionals can have a huge impact on the success of an organization. The challenge…Human Resource professionals are so bogged down with mundane administrative tasks they don’t have enough time to make that successful impact.
AmCheck has developed a unique mix of technology, managed services and customer service to allow Human Resource professionals to spend more time on the things that are important to them. Including leaving the office at five o’clock occasionally!
Scott Maichel is a Principal with AmCheck, a national Payroll & HR services firm. Scott is also on the Board of Directors of the local San Diego Chapter of the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU). Scott has help multiple positions on the board including VP of Member Retention, President Elect, President, Past President and currently serves as the VP of Membership.
Scott is a “Broker Advocate” in the San Diego community and frequently speaks at benefit broker conferences educating brokers on trends within HR and the PEO industry which helps them compete more effectively in the marketplace. Each year Scott lobbies on behalf of the broker community in Washington D.C. to bring about changes that will have a positive impact on employers and employees.
Thanks for visiting Scott’s website.
- SDAHU member since 2012
- SDAHU BOD since 2013. Current BOD position: Past President
- Received my Certified Healthcare Reform Specialist (CHRS)
- Traveled to Washing D.C. 3 years in a row to lobby on behalf of benefit brokers
- Frequently speaks to broker and employer groups regarding payroll/HR industry trends and healthcare reform.
- Over the past 10 years, worked on 400+ “competitive cases” with local brokers to “win” against PEO’s.
- Developed a proprietary process called the “PEO Transpareancy Analysis” which uncovers hidden fees in the PEO model
- Author of an on-going 10 year case study involving 400 San Diego employers who considered the PEO model or used a PEO
Scott volunteers his time with several Autism focused organizations including; Autism Speaks, The Autism Walk, The Music Therapy Center of California and Banding Together. Volunteer duties include working with special needs children and adults.